Wednesday, July 18, 2012

London Town, Day 1

My favorite city to date, London. A quick train ride from Cambridge to central London provided us with two and a half days to have a "jolly good time". Thankfully, I am familiar with London-speifically the underground and bus system-which made it easier to see and do so much. Here are some snapshots...



Our underground stop.


Why hello there Buckingham Palace.


Yay! The sun came out!


As did the new guards.


Posing with our new friend, Big Ben.


I might surrender my cell phone if I could make calls from these all the time.


Trafalgar Square from the National British Museum's steps. You can't see it much from this shot, but the entire square looked much different in wake of the Olympic preparations.



Classic Piccadilly Circus


Abbey Road!


Oh yes, we did...


It was quite embarrassing, but good fun as well. 


Royal Albert Hall


Catching up with the newlywed.


Six years ago this is where I lived while studying for a summer semester abroad...14 Queens Gate. 


Victoria and Albert Museum


The field of champions.


Covent Garden


As you can tell, these art rendered phone booths covered the town. Various local artists created their own designs. I got a good chuckle out of this one.


I LOVED watching him discover London.


"Do you know the muffin man..."

All this on just the first day explains why I was in bed by 9 pm. Stay tuned for more...

K + C

No comments:

Post a Comment