Monday, January 7, 2013

The Waiting Game




I like to get places quickly. My husband can attest to this. In the car, as he drives, I often solicit a faster past in efforts to get there-wherever that is-sooner. Sometimes I try to fight the urge, but my suppressed desire for swiftness is hard to mask. 

It is safe to say that I sometimes tend to forget joy is not exclusively found in the destination, but also in the journey. So far, in this first week of 2013, the Lord is teaching me patience. Like my husband, I've asked God to get me there sooner. He knows my heart, yet some things are better left to God's timing. The Bible shows us this. It is this resolve that brings peace. 

That is not an easy pill to swallow. I am learning that when there is no where to look but the still scenery that surrounds you, I should look to Christ. 

So when my face deceives my struggle to fight the pleading words, "Move faster, Lord!" you have my permission to tell me to wait. 



Photo by Josh Haner / The New York Times

No comments:

Post a Comment