Saturday, November 30, 2013

Nora Evelien




As I type this, the baby monitor sits beside me where I watch my little girl sleep. Nora Evelien joined our family on November 11 at 8:48 pm. Weighing 8 lbs. 7 oz. and nearly 22 inches long, the nurses called her a large baby. In my arms she felt so small. Her eyes opened wide to take in this new, vast world. Then her eyes found mine. I am completely in love.

In my short time as a mother, I have already learned so much. I've learned that being a mom is hard. There are struggles that occur every day, like fighting the worry of will my baby spit up at night and choke and choosing to trust the Lord to watch over and protect her health and heart. It seems silly, but that's a prayer with which I've become all too familiar. In the wee hours of the morning, when she fights sleep, I find myself fighting frustration and exhaustion as I practice patience and choose joy. Then, of course, when she finally drifts to sleep, my bed becomes a distant desire as I can't tear my eyes from her precious face. The minutes pass as I imagine the kind of woman she'll become.

Chad and I have also learned the importance of a loving community. We have been truly humbled by the outpouring of love and generosity from our friends and family. Our hearts are full knowing Nora is surrounded by many who will love and pray for her to know a life walking with the Lord.

Sweet Nora has changed my world, and I wouldn't have it any other way.  

No comments:

Post a Comment